1. A full day workshop at Worldsview Academy in Johannesburg on 17 October with a focus on complexity & leadership
Find out more about it here
2. A half day workshop at Da Vinci Institute on 24 October with a focus on complexity, strategy & innovation
(see brochure: 3_The Cynefin framework and implications for leaders Invite)
In Cape Town:
A half day workshop at Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (Stias) on 21 October on the following:
Complexity theory has major implications for human systems ranging from wider issues of democracy, environmental sustainability and the organisation of welfare services to how to create software. With growing popularity comes the need to understand how to use the theory in practice without compromising. Too many of the ‘popular’ books on complexity just rebadge old methods with new language without understanding the implications.
This seminar will cover:
- The Cynefin framework, based on the HBR cover article which won the ‘best practitioner paper’ award at the Academy of Management
- A pragmatic model of project progression through complexity to order, from exploration to exploitation (includes an exploration of Agile practices and the implications of complexity)
- How does complexity theory link to the literature on resilience? Is Taleb’s ‘anti-fragility’ really different?
- Human terrain or attitudinal mapping – how to understand what is possible at any one time in diverse communities (this includes cultural mapping)
- Fractal management, creating sense-making frameworks that provide common scaffolding for the contextual operational deployment between different groups and interests within an organization
- Complexity theory in the context of sense-making
- Side-casting, a development from forecasting and back-casting as methods of visioning possible futures
The cost for this workshop is R2500 with a 50% academic discount available.
Book your seat here
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions regarding any of these workshops or if you’d like to book time in Dave’s diary for potential client meetings.